St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School is an SAES accredited co-educational half-day preschool with enrollment of 200 students ages 18 months through kindergarten. The school is also a member of the National Academy of Early Childhood and the National Association of Episcopal Schools.
Philosophy: The program at St. Matthew’s School promotes the child’s total physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual development. We encourage in each child a love of God as we know God in Jesus Christ, a positive view of self, creative self-expression, an attitude of cooperation and sharing, and an expanding knowledge of the world in which we live.
- Christian Foundation: Create a spiritual atmosphere where caring and loving individuals reflect the love of God.
- Diverse Community: Provide an environment where children of all races, religions, family backgrounds and cultures are treated with equal respect and consideration.
- Family Commitment: Work closely with families in a partnership to ensure high quality care and education for children and to help children grow as confident, compassionate social beings through group interaction.
- Plan for and provide a learning environment, with which the children can interact, taking into consideration the following areas: the uniqueness of the child, development of creativity and the relevance to the child.
- Provide an atmosphere in which learning becomes an enjoyable and exciting process.
- Promote academic development through stimulation of curiosity, individual best and interaction with the environment.
- Provide a curriculum for the Kindergarten which will adhere to the requirements of the Texas Education Agency.
- Continue existing high standards in order to maintain SAES accreditation.